The dream of playing any type of media file on your mobile will become true with VLC media player now, because VLC mobile team has launched VLC beta apps also known as Neon on the Google play store for Android devices running ARMv7 processors. Now, android users can access and download VLC beta (NEON version) free app from Google play store and play most multimedia files as well as discs, devices and network streaming protocols on their devices like mobile phone or tablet. The VLC beta version is specially designed for power users and hackers as well as it is not stable release and works slowly compared to its final version.
VLC is one of the best media players around the world because it is able to play almost any video and audio format. VLC Android app can play huge number of audio and video files and also network streams. For video and audio files, it adds a media library as well as permits direct folder browsing. By installing the VLC beta on your Android device, you can take the advantage of several notable features like auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures for volume control, widget for audio control, audio headsets control, show cover art and more. VLC beta (NEON version) can be downloaded from Google play store at free of charge. It works best on many devices like Galaxy Nexus, HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy S3, Motorola Defy, HTC Desire and Nexus one.
Features of VLC beta (NEON version) for Android:
- Plays all audio-video files in all formats
- Gives audio and video media library with search features
- Experimental hardware decoding
- Gestures, headphones control
- Supports Android from version 2.1 and ARMv6, ARMv7, ARMv7+NEON
- Supports multi-track audio
- Multi-core decoding, for Cortex-A7 A9 and A15 chips
- Subtitles support, embedded and external, including ASS and DVD subtitles