Now Outlook Express for Windows 7 has been substituted by Windows Mail. Windows Mail is superior e-mail program with development such as junk e-mail filtering and protection against phishing messages. Windows Mail has also the ability to automatically organize itself to work with many popular e-mail services. The process of Download Windows Mail is given below.
Outlook Express for Windows 7
Windows 7 ships without any email program bundled at all not like Windows XP and Windows Vista. Windows XP and earlier versions of Windows were shipped with Outlook Express. Windows Mail "out of the box" is included by Windows Vista phasing out of Outlook Express.
Windows Mail has been upgraded to Windows Live Mail. To download Windows Live Mail, go to the Windows Live Mail website. You cannot install Windows Mail on Windows 7 as Windows Mail was designed for Windows Vista only. Microsoft decided to ship Windows 7 without a built-in email program due to some unforeseen reasons. Windows Live Mail will be pre-install by many computer manufacturers as this is also another free email client made by Microsoft, on Windows 7.
Windows Mail Download
After downloading Windows Mail you will get several e-mail accounts in one program like Gmail, Yahoo!, Hotmail, etc. as well as now Windows Live Mail has a calendar also. Windows Mail unites the ease of use of Outlook Express, with the speed of Windows Live.
How to download Windows Mail on Windows 7?
1. Your first step is to click the Take Ownership Shortcut.
2. Take Ownership of the Windows Mail Folder by going to your Programs folder.
3. If something goes wrong then make a copy of the folder.
4. Go to the same folder in Vista and copy it.
5. Afterwards erase the original folder and replace with the Vista.
6. Now open the folder of Windows Mail and create a shortcut.by right click on the WinMail.exe.
7. The shortcut to Windows Mail must be renamed and Pin it to the Taskbar or Start Menu.
8. Now you can begin Windows Mail and take pleasure.
Source: sevenforums.com (Thank you)