SARS stands for (South Africa Revenue Services). SARS e-filing (Electronic Filing) provides an online substitute process for the manual tax return submissions which reduces the risk and frustration of tax return. SARS e-filing provides services for, individual taxpayers, businesses to register or login for submit tax returns, tax practitioners, and make payments. SARS e-filing is a secured system of networking with SARS. Just you have to login on its official website www.sarsefiling.co.za.
You can submit the information through electronic system by using SARS e-filing system. The SARS e-filing is comparable with services offered in the US, Australia, Singapore, Ireland, Chile, and France. It was started in 2003 and approximately 2 million individual tax returns were submitted via e-filing as well as Businesses and practitioners submitted over 7.5 million returns annually in 2008.
- eFiling is a free, simple and secure way of interacting with SARS from the comfort and convenience of your home or office.
- And you have a full history of all submissions, payments and electronic correspondence available to you at the click of a button through the innovative reporting tool.
- eFilers can also receive SMS and email notifications to remind you when submissions are due.
- Once registered, eFilers can submit returns, view their tax status and make payments to SARS electronically 24 hours a day and you can easily save your time and not to worry about standing in long queues.
- More than 2 million taxpayers and 350000 businesses that are enjoying all the facilities online without any hesitating.
- Safe and secure environment.
- Once you’ve registered online, SARS will communicate with you electronically, via email or SMS, rather than by post
SARS eFiling Services Offered:
The e-filing offers a variety of facilities of tax returns. You can easily submit a series of tax returns including PAYE, SDL, Income Tax, STC, VAT, and Provisional Tax via e-filing website.
E-filing services include:
- Secondary Tax on Companies (IT56)
- Change of Personal Details (IT77/RFC)
- Unemployment Insurance Fund (included on the EMP201 and EMP501 return)(Note: UIF filing is done separately via www.ufiling.gov.za)
- Advanced Tax Ruling (ATR)
- Additional Payments and much more
- Pay-As-You-Earn (EMP201 return)
- Skills Development Levy (included on the EMP201 and EMP501 return)
- Value Added Tax (VAT201)
- Provisional Tax (IRP6)
- Personal Income Tax(ITR12)
- Trusts (IT12R)
How to Login?
- Enter the user id.
- Then you have to enter the password.
- Click on “Login”.
How to register?
For the registration, you have to visit on its official website www.sarsefiling.co.za, then you will find Register button beside on Login button. Then you have to click the button and follow the instructions. For register in e-filing you need your tax registration number, company registration number, and identity number. And there are a six steps which are provided, those six step will help you in registration process. After finishing registration process, it takes 24 to 48 hours to issue electronically to the efiling services.