Recently, Microsoft launched Bing street view maps(To compete Google) at bing.com, which is the official site of Bing maps, web-based mapping service. Microsoft is using latest silver light multimedia technology for Bing maps, to provide easy way to zoom in and out of cityscapes that show as 3D-like images. By Bing street maps, user can search maps for businesses, addresses, landmarks and street names worldwide.
Bing.com/maps is another good site to find the locations of any area in all over the world. You can choose from a road-map style view, a satellite view or a hybrid of the two. The new Bing maps add in some type Microsoft technologies, like a multimedia Web application, Silver light, Web application, and Photo synth, an application from Microsoft Live Labs and the University of Washington that can stitch photos together, turning them into a three-dimensional model. All these trends was started, when Microsoft Encarta launched world atlas in 1993. There were also 3D views of popular locations of the world in later edition of world Atlas. It was blurred when google started online edition of map. Now, Google get healthy competition in this area of search and maps names as bing.com
Bing Maps features
Street maps : You can browse street maps for many cities of worldwide and maps include certain points of interest built-in, such as metro stations, stadiums, hospitals, and other facilities.
Bing Street side features:
- Bing Maps users can now zoom in, out and around.
- View a location from the street level or from above
- seamlessly rotate 360 degrees in one spot
- View location-related content while searching an area
- even upload their own synths of a location to be integrated into a map.
Satellite images : you can get the satellite images of many countries like a United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and India. It also includes some several terabytes of satellite and aerial imagery.
Bird’s eye view : A bird’s-eye view offers aerial photos from four angles. These Pictometry photos are much more detailed than the aerial views from directly above buildings. You can see clearly visible of Signs, advertisements, pedestrians, and other objects in bird’s eye views.
3D maps : The 3D Maps feature allows users watch building in 3D with extra skill to rotate and tip the angle in addition to panning and zooming. To view the 3D maps, users must install a plug-in, then enable the "3D" option on "Virtual Earth".
Extra features of Bing maps
- Users can view these photos by driving a race or sports car, or by having a walk. Street-level photography is currently only available as part of a separate tech preview site.
- Traffic viewing (in several major cities)
- User points of interest that can be stored and shared
- Integrated route calculation
- Street-level photos (from all directions) in Seattle, WA (city center) and San Francisco, CA (city center).
- Terrain details are also available in 3D mode.
- Finding, viewing, and printing driving directions
- Drawing on maps
- A location finder that can locate the user’s location
- Content delivery network support added for imagery tiles in June 2009
Get full Details of Bing Map from bing.com.