"Teacher’s Day" is very near….We celebrate every year September 5th, as a "Teacher’s Day”, so I think it is ever wanted to show how grateful you are to a current or former teacher. In many parts of the world, Teacher’s Day is celebrated with great enthusiasm.
Teacher plays a prominent role in the life of their students, so the teacher day is dedicated to teachers. The teachers show the path towards success and enrich the personality of their disciples by imparting ethical and academic knowledge, act as the guide for life and bring out the untamed talents of their students and sharpen it in order to bring out the best results.
Here are lovable and useful quotations for the teacher’s day. Each quotation here reflects on the qualities of a teacher.
Famous Quotation About Teacher’s Day:
1. "The true teacher defends his pupils against his own personal influence. He inspires self-distrust. He guides their eyes from himself to the spirit that quickens him. He will have no disciple."
- Amos Bronson Alcott
2. "Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition."
- Jacques Barzun
3. "A good teacher is like a candle – it consumes itself to light the way for others."
4. "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
5. "A teacher is one who makes himself progressively unnecessary."
- Thomas Carruthers
6. "The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."
- William Arthur Ward
7. “What the teacher is, is more important than what he teaches."
- Karl Menninger
8. "Teaching is leaving a vestige of one self in the development of another. And surely the student is a bank where you can deposit your most precious treasures."
- Eugene P. Bertin
9. "A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops."
- Henry Brooks Adams
10. "A gifted teacher is as rare as a gifted doctor, and makes far less money."
11. "Good teachers are costly, but bad teachers cost more."
- Bob Talbert
12. "A good teacher is a master of simplification and an enemy of simplism".
- Louis A. Berman
13. The best teacher is the one who suggests rather than dogmatizes, and inspires his listener with the wish to teach himself.
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
14. When you teach your son, you teach your son’s son.
- Chinese Proverb
15. "Teachers should guide without dictating, and participate without dominating."
- C.B. – Neblette
16. "Try to present at least three options. One is no choice at all. Two creates a dilemma. With three you begin to have real choice and flexibility"
- Jane Revell & Susan Norman
17. "You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself."
- Galielo Galilei
18. “A true disciple shows his appreciation by reaching further than his teacher.”
19. “The very spring and root of honesty and virtue lie in good education.”
20. “The task of the excellent teacher is to stimulate "apparently ordinary" people to unusual effort. The tough problem is not in identifying winners: it is in making winners out of ordinary people.”
- Patricia Cross
21. “If students don’t feel teacher appreciation, their whole education has failed.”
- Michael Balkers
22. “The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book.”
23. “A teacher’s purpose is not to create students in his own image, but to develop students who can create their own image.”
24. Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher."
-Japanese – proverb
25. "The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called truth."
- Dan Rather
Teacher’s Day Speech
A true teacher is not someone who just teaches academic lessons to their students. The teacher gives the right advice and also guide them. A teacher helps the students in each and every sphere of life. They are future makers. In this world, none of the achievers has attained a feat without the guidance of a teacher. Teacher’s Day look for to acknowledge this very contribution of teachers.
The Indian President A.P.J. ABDUL KALAM address on the eve of Teachers’ Day in India, 2003.
Dear listeners of All India Radio and Teachers, my greetings to all of you.
I am talking to you on the special occasion of Teachers’ Day. On this day, we gratefully remember the great educationist Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, whose dream was that "Teachers should be the best minds in the country". Hence, Teachers’ Day is very important for all our people, for our students and even for all the parents, as the teachers lay the foundation for creating enlightened citizens for the nation. On this day, I would like to recall three teachers who helped me in shaping my life.
To begin with I am going to talk to you about my father Janab Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen, as a teacher. My father taught me a great lesson when I was a young boy. What was that lesson? It was just after India got Independence. At that time Panchayat board elections took place at Rameswaram. My father was elected Panchayat Board member and on the same day he was also elected the president of the Rameswaram Panchayat Board. Rameswaram Island was a beautiful place with 30,000 populations at that time. Read more…..
Teacher’s Day Speech for school/college students
1. On need not necessarily give a formal speech, he be a student or a teacher, unless there’s mutual love, respect and affection between the two…; if he is student, his genuine love and respect towards his teachers and elders who have guided him along the path of life giving him necessary knowledge, teaching him discipline and other moral values, is enough…..and if he is a teacher, his love, care and affection for his taught and his untiring efforts to give them whatever they require in life is sufficient……;
i don’t believe in formal, ready-made or crammed speeches to be given on such occasions…and if at all there’s a speech, the words of the speech should be executed and expressed in actions……invariably…….
2. Teacher’s Day speech should highlight the fact that TEACHERS are equally important as Father & Mother.
We read many reports that parents challenge the behavior of Teachers and do not want Teachers to beat the children.
But Teachers know what is best for the children. Don’t Teach the Teacher.
In olden days, once the child was 5 years plus, the child would stay in a gurukul and was taught all necessary subjects, including behavior, compassion, housekeeping, etc.
Now a day, parents are overprotective of their children and the smart children misuse the love and get away. The ultimate loss however is of the child first and the Teacher second.
Thank you O TEACHERS OF INDIA FOR HAVING GIVEN US TRUE VISIONARIES AND NOTARIES – like Aryabhatta , Chanakya , Netaji Subash Bose , Mahatma Gandhi, etc.