About Singapore Stock Exchange (www.Sgx.com) :
SGX stands for Singapore Exchange Limited. It is an Asia-Pacific’s first demutualised and integrated securities and derivatives exchange. With the help of official website you can get the stock price. The official website of the Singapore Exchange Limited is www.Sgx.com. The merger of well-respected financial institutions – the Stock Exchange of Singapore (SES) and the Singapore International Monetary Exchange (SIMEX) established SGX on 1 December 1999.
Via a public offer and a private placement, on 23 November 2000, SGX became the first exchange in Asia-Pacific. As Asia’s offshore risk management centre for international derivatives, SGX is at front of exchanges internationally in attracting international issuers and rapidly emerging. As of 31 January 2010, with a combined market capitalization of S$650 billion, the Singapore Exchange had 774 listed companies.
For the first half of its financial year 2010, a net profit of $165.8 million was reported by Singapore Exchange. Net profit was 7% higher compared to 1H FY2009 ($159.2 million), excluding non-recurring items. Using the Central Limit Order Book (CLOB), the Singapore Exchange is a fully electronic exchange. Orders are placed by the brokers online and when a buy and sell order match, the order and notifies are executed by the system automatically.
Products and services
Security products like “stocks”, “bonds and debentures”, “exchange traded funds”, “exchange traded notes”, “REITs”, “Global depository receipts”, “business trusts”, “company warrants”, and derivatives products like “equity index futures/ options”, “interest rate futures/ options” and “commodity futures/ options” are integrated by the financial products in Singapore Exchange. The two security products are given below:
By Business trust, investors are offered a new way to invest in cash-generating assets. A business enterprise like a company is operated and run by it while not being a separate legal entity. For the benefit of the beneficiaries of the trust, it has legal ownership of the trust assets and manages the assets. If you investing in business Trust, then you will get the beneficiary of the trust.
Under arrangement of Stapled security different securities can not be traded separately and are quoted as an entity just like a stack of paper that has been stapled together.
The products, traded electronically, include:
- Structured Warrants
- Equity Index Futures and Options on Futures
- Short-Term Interest Rate Futures and Options on Futures
- Long-Term Interest Rate Futures and Options on Futures
A wide range of data and information services are offered by SGX providing both historical and “live” data and prices to their customers, including:
- SGX Securities Book
- SGX Derivatives Quote
- SGX News
- Orders and Trade Data
- Mobile Data Services
- Listed Companies Data
- Historical Market Data
How to get stock prices at the official website?
- First of all visit the official website at www.Sgx.com
- Click the “Prices, Indices, Statistics” Option, which is given at the left side of the page.
- After getting page click on “stock” option.
- You will get the options of Top counters, Alphabetical, search, and sector option.
- With the help of Top counters, you can get the information of Top 20 Vol, Top 20 Gainers, Top 20% Gainers, Top 20 Losers, Top 205 Losers, and Top 20 Value.
- When you click on “A” in the option of Alphabetical, then you can get the list of counter name, cde, Rmk, last, changes, %, Vol, Bvol, buy, sell, Svol, Open, high, low, value, and sector.
- You can direct search by entering key words and sector.
- After entering key word, click on “go” option.