The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagar Palika is the 4th Largest Municipal Corporation of India. And it was developed in 2007. It is a joint unit of the former wards of Bangalore Mahanagar Palika (BMP) and the seven cities municipal councils of Bangalore.
The BBMP website BBMPOnline.org offers information and updates about various citizen friendly schemes, Property Tax, Health Services, Engineering Services, Advertisement, Right to Information.
Recently BBMP offers taxpayers to pay property tax online for the year 2009-10. This is the good news for taxpayers. There is no any charges for credit card users for online payment. Payment gateway facilitated by IDBI Bank. For online payment Click Form IV (or Form V as the case maybe) Here.
If you want to know that how to make payment ? Here.
Process about the tax payment online system
- You fill in your previous year’s ‘application number’ data is pulled automatically into an online form.
- You just tweak the differences and submit.
- Pay using your credit card, and get an immediate acknowledgment/receipt. But signed receipt should follow in a few days.
The following tips help you to file your property tax easily and safely
- For calculating property tax exactly you can visit BBMP website and use the help of tax calculator. You can start calculating your tax with following link. http://188.8.131.52/rescal/residentcalfirst.aspx
- After calculating the tax payable, know your ward number. It should be required when filing your property tax. If you do not know your ward number then need not worry. You can visit BBMP website for finding your wards number.
- Next you need to know the zone in which your property belongs to. This can be ascertained by the handbook of property tax available from BBMP website or from BBMP head quarters.
- Now fill in the details in calculator such as type of house, the year in which they built and other details. You can refer your previous year property tax receipt for making them easy.
BBMP Online property tax Taxpayer reviews
On online property tax payment system some taxpayer get good experience and some got a bad experience.
I paid online yesterday night and it was a good experience. I still have to take a printout of the receipt from the office as I do not have a printer at home. But, this is a good initiative from BBMP. The process was very simple: if we have the last year’s tax paid receipt, and if we have not done any changes to the property from last year, all we need to do is to download the form iv. That will have automatically filled all values from last year’s application. Also, it will calculate the tax for this year. Since I paid the full tax, I got a 5% rebate also. The calculations included the rebate too. And, I used my credit card to pay the bills. While paying, it routes us to idbi bank gateway.
I was happy when I saw the Bruhat Bengaluru City Corporation provides New Link in the BBMP site for online tax payment.
First I am not able to generate form IV after making online payment of tax and I always get the message "unable to connect to server".
Second, the system displays a message to collect the original signed receipt from ARO. I understand from the local ward office at Lazar Road that ARO has not received connectivity for generating receipts for online payment. This is another disappointment.
In another case, I generated Form IV for another property to experience how it works. The application asked for cheque details and generated the form with application number. When I went to the concerned ward office belonging to Benaganahalli ward to pay the tax, I was asked to buy a form and fill it up and pay the tax. I don’t understand why the process has not been implemented properly. What is the use of generating the application online and then we are required fill up another form manually at the ward office.
My experience with the online payment system has been disappointing. Can BBMP review this process and make thing easy for Bangalore citizens?